St. Brendan’s Episcopal hosting hiking group, used book sale, more
Thursday, February 13, 2020 | 11:00 PM
St. Brendan’s Episcopal Church is offering the following programs.
• Brendan’s Boots, the hiking group of St. Brendan’s Episcopal Church, will hold its next outing on Monday, Feb. 24. The group will meet at the 9 a.m. Participants will walk a loop from Washington’s Landing in Pittsburgh to the Strip District and back. Lunch will follow at Penn Brewery. The public is welcome.
• The church is holding a used book, CD and DVD sale 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Feb. 21 and 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Feb. 22.
• The Justice Ministry is gathering donations of gently used goods for shipment to needy people in Haiti. Requested items are sewing machines, lightweight clothing, bicycles, toothbrushes, toothpaste, toiletries and school supplies. Donations may be dropped off at the church.
• Conversation Friends helps immigrants learn English to help with everyday life — doctor’s appointments, teacher conferences, understanding the news and more. Sessions are held Tuesdays and Thursdays at 10 a.m. and Wednesdays at 7 p.m. Tutors and students welcome.
• The Rev. Regis Smolko offers Bible Conversations at 10:30 a.m. Tuesdays.
• Being a Modern Episcopalian is a small-group discussion at 11 a.m. Mondays to help Christians navigate contemporary issues.
The church is at 2365 McAleer Road at the corner of Rochester Road. For more information, visit stbrendans.org or call 412-364-5974.
The Neighbors North Catholic Community is hosting an organ recital Feb. 23 featuring Daniel Kovacic, who will perform a selection of traditional sacred pieces.
The program runs from 3 to 3:45 p.m. at St. Athanasius Church, 7 Chalfonte Ave., in West View. The event if free, but free-will offerings are being collected.
The Neighbors North Catholic Community is composed of St. Athanasius, St. Teresa, St. Sebastian and Incarnation of the Lord churches.